For the COVID-19 page:
Updates as of April 7, 2020
Church Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/fccgeorgetown
Church YouTube page: www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrxOApBS9XPcM7g5opbe3Q/
Holy Week at FCC
Holy Week will look different for us this year, but there are still opportunities to engage!
- On Monday-Wednesday, April 6-8, we’ll post videos of short instrumental arrangements offered by our Music Director, Dr. Cully Bell, and accompanist, Kelli Evans.
- On Wednesday, April 8, our Zoom Bible Study at 7:00 p.m. will focus on some of the events of “The Last Supper”, looking at Luke 22:14-27 & John 13:1-16.
- On Maundy Thursday (April 9) & Holy Saturday (April 11), we’ll post brief videos featuring reflections from Chris Cash.
- On Good Friday (April 10), we’ll post a video worship experience of scripture, music, and reflection.
- You can find these video resources on the church YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrxOApBS9XPcM7g5opbe3Q/) and the church Facebook page (www.facebook.com/fccgeorgetown).
- Disciples worship leaders Andra Moran & Suzanne Castle have provided an interactive, at-home worship service merges Maundy Thursday and Good Friday together. The service features communion, music, scripture story and stations of the cross with household items and can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbKhlOSCBRE&feature=youtu.be
Worship & Live Prayer Time in April:
Worship materials & links for each weekend will be e-mailed out by noon each Saturday. We will continue to post a pre-recorded worship experience to YouTube each week that can be viewed on-demand. We will also now offer a 15 minute live prayer time (led by Chris Cash, Senior Minister) on Zoom each Sunday starting at our usual worship time of 10:55 a.m. You’re welcome to watch our worship experience video on YouTube in your home following the prayer time or at another time of your choosing.
Weekly Zoom opportunities in April:
If you call FCC home and would like to join one of these Zoom opportunities, please contact Chris Cash, Senior Minister, at email@example.com to inquire about log-in information
- Live Prayer Time- Sundays- 10:55 a.m.-11:10 a.m.- A brief time of sharing prayer requests and guided prayer
- “The Last Week” Sunday School class (led by Bob Culbertson & Jessi Jump)- Sundays at 9:30 a.m
- “Sacred Inklings” Sunday School class (led by Horace & Willow Hambrick)- Sundays at 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday Night Study (led by Chris Cash)- 7:00 p.m.
- FCC Youth Group (for middle & high school students- led by Chris Prichard)- Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
- Zoom is also available for committee/ministry team meetings or if you would like to start a zoom group- contact Chris Cash for more information
You can do this via a call from your home/cell phone (audio only) or your computer/tablet/laptop (audio with optional video). You do not need a Zoom account or membership to join a meeting.
During this time, we encourage you to consider continuing your life of stewardship and giving to the church, as our financial needs concerning our staff, building, and life together continue. You have a few options for giving during this time:
- Mail your check to the church (112 East College Street, Georgetown, KY, 40324).
- Automatic withdrawal- We can still assist you with setting up automatic withdrawals from your bank account. Contact us by calling the church office at 502-863-2049. In most cases, that process can be completed over the phone.
- PayPal- You may make contributions through PayPal by choosing “Money” from the drop down list. Next choose “Send or Request Money” and follow the prompts. Please send contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paypal does not charge a fee for deductions directly from your checking account. If you choose to use a credit card, PayPal charges the church a fee of $0.30 + 2.9% of the amount charged to the card.
If you have or become aware of someone with a need during this time, you can contact Chris Cash, Senior Minister, by calling the church office at 502-863-2049 or via e-mail at email@example.com. We will do our best to assist you or connect with you with someone who can.