- This event has passed.
November 22, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
One of the responsibilities of our life together is our annual Congregational Meeting, where we consider the proposed budget for the next year and the slate of nominations for positions of leadership and service within the congregation. This year’s Congregational Meeting will be on Sunday, November 22, immediately following the 11:00 a.m. worship service. Due to the pandemic, the board approved a modified approach to the congregational meeting in their own October meeting that is still in keeping with the spirit of our by-laws. Due to the adjusted format and need to keep the in-person session as brief as possible due to COVID-19 precautions, we ask that you voice questions in advance if possible. If you have questions about the budget, you can contact Lee Thomas, Stewardship Committee Chairperson, at or firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the slate of nominations can be directed to Jamie McDermott, Nominating Committee Chairperson, at or email@example.com. Any other questions or considerations for the meeting or this adjusted process can be directed to Barb Southworth, Board Chairperson, at or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those who are members of the congregation can vote in congregational meetings and this year, you can participate in the process through the following options:
- Attend the meeting in person on November 22. That Sunday is the beginning of our winter worship schedule of only one service (in the sanctuary at 11:00 a.m.) The meeting will immediately follow the worship service- all safety precautions for worship will remain in place for the congregational meeting.
- Complete the ballot included in the emailed materials and return it to the church via mail (112 East College Street, Georgetown, KY, 40324) or through the mail slot at the Clinton Street main entrance.
- E-mail the church office at email@example.com – please indicate whether you are voting YES or NO for approval of the proposed 2021 budget and YES or NO for approval of the proposed 2021 nominations.
- Use the following online form to submit your vote: https://forms.gle/tqMtUzznoskLXtct7
- Those using printed ballots, e-mail, or the online form should have their vote into the church office by Wednesday, November 18. The vote tallies from all these methods will be shared in the meeting on November 22.
- The congregational meeting will also be shared live via the church Zoom account at 11:30 a.m. on November 22. Those members participating in the meeting that way will have the opportunity to vote on each item via the poll feature found in Zoom.
Thank you for your flexibility as we seek to allow avenues for input in a variety of ways during this time of pandemic adjustments and displacement. In the event that in-person gatherings are cancelled for Sunday, November 22, due to elevated COVID-19 case counts in Scott County, the meeting will be held on the church Zoom account at 11:30 a.m. that morning, with all members participating in voting via the poll feature.