Open and Affirming Reflection
February 15 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The team will then offer 4 weeks of opportunities to learn, reflect, and engage on Sunday mornings at 9:45 in the chapel and Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in the Conference room (each of these 2 opportunities are identical). We’ll also be recording these sessions for viewing later as well. After these sessions, the team will be finalizing an official statement of welcome and inclusion of LGBTQ+ folks that will be presented to the board for affirmation and then to the entire congregation in a congregational meeting. We all have plenty to learn, so we hope you’ll join in these opportunities!
• Wednesday, Feb. 15 & Sunday, Feb. 19- Week 1- Rev. Christy Messick, leader- LGBTQ+ Language & Basics
• Wednesday, Feb. 22 & Sunday, Feb. 26- Ash Wednesday service (Wed) and Week of Compassion breakfast (Sun)- no group
• Wednesday, March 1 & Sunday, March 5- Horace Hambrick, leader- Physical & Mental Health Basics & LGBTQ+ Children of God
• Wednesday, March 8 & Sunday, March 12- Rev. Chris Cash, leader- Week 1- What does scripture say about inclusion, welcome, and LGBTQ+ children of God?
• Wednesday, March 15 & Sunday, March 19- Rev. Chris Cash, leader- Week 2- What does scripture say about inclusion, welcome, and LGBTQ+ children of God?