Gifts of Time
There is one resource that we all have that can greatly benefit the church and the other organizations we support: Time! There are many opportunities for gifts of time. A few of them are:
- Volunteer to help with our children: Assist in the nursery or in Children Worship and Wonder on Sunday mornings, help with Kids Group on Wednesday evenings or help with one of our seasonal special events. Our children will benefit from your presence and time.
- Volunteer to help with a committee: FCC Georgetown has many committees designed to facilitate the smooth and efficient operation of the church. Whether you are passionate about building projects, fellowship activities, missions or worship, we have a place for you and we want your voice.
- Volunteer for our Green Chalice movement: FCC is actively seeking to become a Green Chalice Congregation and we need your help! We are carefully considering our impact on God’s beautiful creation and making changes to our building and facilities, our worship practices, our communications and our education options. Get involved and help FCC go green.
- Volunteer with a One-Time Event: Don’t have time for a committee or an ongoing commitment? How about helping with a short term event, like Vacation Bible School, Advent Night, a limited length Sunday School class or our famous Youth Chili Cookoff.
- Volunteer with one of our missions: Whether it’s serving meals at The Gathering Place, being a protective presence at Elizabeth House or picking vegetables for the Gleaning Project, we’d love to have you join us as a presence for good in Georgetown.
If you are interested in helping out with any of these activities, please email Teresa at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will connect you with a committee chair.