“White Christmas,” sponsored by the Outreach and Community Service Committee, is a joint effort with the Share the Joy program in Scott County to provide Christmas gifts for children in need in our community. This year we have adopted 32 children from 12 families. Each child will receive two gifts of clothing and one toy (or other item for older children). In addition, we will give each family two small Walmart gift cards.
This year we will doing a hybrid sign-up process: we have online sign-up available like we did last year, but we will also be returning to our traditional method of having cards available for you to choose from if you prefer, as well.
If you wish to sign up online, it is live now! Click the following link https://forms.gle/
If you wish to sign up by taking a paper tag, cards will be available in the back hallway beginning Sunday, November 21.
Each tag will have a code for the recipient and will list an item on the recipient’s wish list.
Please note the following:
* Take as many tags as you like. Do not worry that we will run out of tags! It is always possible for us to adopt additional children.
* If you sign up online, you will receive a confirmation email showing which “tag(s)” you chose.
* If you take a paper tag, PLEASE sign your name on the accompanying signup sheet on the line for that tag.
* Purchase only what is listed on the tag. Do not buy additional items for your recipient. We want to ensure that all children within each family receive the same number of gifts. If you can’t get exactly what is listed, try to get something comparable.
* Individually wrap each gift you purchase. Please include a gift receipt for clothing, if possible, in case it does not fit. Hint: if you wrap with gift bags and tissue, the parents can “preview” the gifts.
* Please attach your tag securely to the OUTSIDE of the gift. This is necessary so that we know to which child the gift goes!
* Bring your gifts to our worship service on December 12 or deliver them to the family coordinator listed on the tag or to the church office before then.
If you would like to participate in this ministry but are unable to shop for a gift, you may make a donation to the church with “White Christmas” in the memo, or you may choose tag(s) or sign up online as if you were planning to do the shopping and then make arrangements with me or the family coordinator to actually purchase the gift with money that you provide.
If you have questions, please contact Martha Harris at email@example.com